PDA

View Full Version : Newbie anyone know anything about in process gaging?

cncclimber
11-08-2008, 01:48 AM
I am trying to set up our multus with the renishaw probe it came with, the problem is I don't know anyone who knows anything about it. I am trying to decipher the manuals that come with it(need a rosetta stone) but some simple examples(relatively) would help wonders. I need to use the touchsetter for tool breakage detection and probe a .750 hex for size the tool breakage looks doable but the probe is intimidating me in a big way. Thanks.(nuts)

D.WAL
11-08-2008, 03:56 AM
The IGF option - gauging is great for probing O.D. & I.D. in general turning operations as long as IGF parameters are set correct. I find it quick & easy to learn!

cncclimber
11-08-2008, 05:38 AM
I didn't even know it had the option in igf. I will look on monday, that would be really cool if we have that, it would make my life significantly easier. Thanks.

cncclimber
11-18-2008, 12:23 AM
asked the okuma guy about it and he has never heard of it. what do you do to get it to do it?

guypb
11-20-2008, 01:37 PM
Ask renishaw about their macros - very quick to learn and (in the right hands) very powerful!

cncclimber
11-20-2008, 11:37 PM
what about the left hands ;) thanks, for the idea, I may have to look into that. I am assuming they make them for all makes and models of machines, anything I should know while asking them or be warned of. Thanks.