PDA

View Full Version : New help Pendant vs Game Controller Hack for Taig

gunlocators
10-31-2008, 09:06 AM
Ok I was originally going to buy a pendant for my 4 axis taig setup but was told you can modify a game controller to do the same this. I am using a gecko 540 controller on this machine can some one shed some light how to accomplish this and to set it t0 run each of the 4 axis. Willl this require a breakout board with the gecko 540. Any idiot proof instructions to get me going on this apparentlt my search I could not find specific answers
Thanks In Advance

Fixittt
10-31-2008, 09:24 AM
there are a couple ways. If your game controller came with software for mapping the keys this will work. Just map the buttons directions to the functions you want save as a game profile. Also there is a key grabber which will do the same thing.
The end result is the same. You want button A to act like *insert keyboard button here*

gunlocators
10-31-2008, 09:35 AM
I have yet to buy anything so how would you hook this up USB to a breakout board I am too new to all the cnc stuff

ataxy
10-31-2008, 09:37 AM
no need to hook it to the bob just hook it to the usb port of the computer as you would with a gamepad

Fixittt
10-31-2008, 09:40 AM
you wont...... You plug the usb game controller into your (Assuming your using mach) pc. Use utility to mimic/map the keyboard functions and use the game controller as a keyboard replacement/extention. All functions happen within the controller pc. Which outputs signals to your driver which outputs to your steppers......

Regnar
10-31-2008, 02:40 PM
If your looking to make your own pendant you might want to look at this. http://www.ultimarc.com/ipac1.html Its basically a keyboard emulator. I use to have a link where someone took a old NES controller stripped back the wires and made it work. I dont use mach but if I remember they had a few already written programs for game contollers along with keygrabber. Just figured I would throw that in there.