PDA

View Full Version : Need advice regarding stepper selections

technosteve
10-29-2008, 04:02 PM
I'm building a router from RockCliff plans, the 24" by 48" flying gantry model, and am trying to find the best motor/driver combo. Its built out of 3/4" plywood, and will be used for soft wood and circuit boards. I would like to have a decent amount of speed without sacrificing too much accuracy.

Here's what I'm thinking this far:
3- Keling KL- 6050 drivers
2- Nema 34 465 oz/in for X and Y axis
1- Nema 23 425 oz/in for Z
48V 7.3 A power supply.

Given that this machine won't be huge, it probably won't require very much power, right? I know it's overkill, but the Nema 23 motor's torque curves seem to drop clean off the map once they get up to speed.

Any recommendations are most welcome.

automationtechinc
10-29-2008, 04:36 PM
I'm building a router from RockCliff plans, the 24" by 48" flying gantry model, and am trying to find the best motor/driver combo. Its built out of 3/4" plywood, and will be used for soft wood and circuit boards. I would like to have a decent amount of speed without sacrificing too much accuracy.

Here's what I'm thinking this far:
3- Keling KL- 6050 drivers
2- Nema 34 465 oz/in for X and Y axis
1- Nema 23 425 oz/in for Z
48V 7.3 A power supply.

Given that this machine won't be huge, it probably won't require very much power, right? I know it's overkill, but the Nema 23 motor's torque curves seem to drop clean off the map once they get up to speed.

Any recommendations are most welcome.

I think you should use our KL-600-48 48V/12.5A