PDA

View Full Version : Verifying Communication

amf1277
10-24-2008, 09:52 AM
We've recently acquired an OLD Makino machine with a Fanuc 11M controller that I posted about yesterday regarding what type of port to use. That issue is solved but now I have another. Right now, we are trying to establish successful communication with the machine and the pc. The DNC software we're using -- Cimco -- appears to be sending the programs. However, it doesn't show up on the memory nor have I been able to send anything back to the DNC. Is there any way -- other than successful transmission in either way -- to verify that the pc and the machine are truly able to communicate???

crsatter
10-31-2008, 02:22 AM
I had a similar problem when I converted a mill to CNC. Nothing moved. I did not know if it was the progrm the computer or the breakout and controller. This was on a parallel port. I found at Fyr's electronics, a inline reader for the port. Has 24 lights and when communication is happening the lights flash. With this information I was able to isolate the problem. Not sure if this will help. The reader is only about $12.00.