PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! IGF Advanced One Touch.

brettcnc
10-16-2008, 10:40 PM
We have the latest version of IGF on our new MB56VA
Current work is 2D.
Has anyone found a reliable way to get the chamfering function to produce accurate chamfers everytime?

I have found that it is easy enough to produce an IGF program with chamfers on pockets and grooves and holes etc., however when it comes to machining them, they come out too big or too small and the trial and error method is driving me crazy.
Okuma Australia have struggled to explain or demonstrate the required variables for the TOOL DATA and CUTTING CONDITIONS to produce chamfers of the required size on the first attempt.

I have several chamfer cutters, however am trying to use mostly a 9NINE tool with ND=0 the point is on the centreline. Looks a bit like a spotting drill.

some of the variables I have played with...
FEATURE CONDITION
What is the VALLEY DEPTH?
How is the value input here used by IGF?
What should this value be if the chamfer is on the top plane of the workpiece?

CUTTING PROPERTIES
Cutter Rad Comp.-What happens when this is set to:
1-CENTER? Are any of the values in the TOOL DATA used to offset the point of the cutter? What situation best uses this option?
2-Comp W/Check – What values are used in this option and what is the CHECK? What situation best uses this option?
3-Comp WO/CHECK-What situation best uses this option?

I will be eternally grateful to anyone who can set me straight on this. So will Okuma Aust. as they must be sick of me talking chamfers..

-Brett

budgieW
06-30-2009, 04:36 AM
Okuma Australia have struggled to explain or demonstrate the required variables for the TOOL DATA and CUTTING CONDITIONS to produce chamfers of the required size on the first attempt.
-Brett

It is all about asking the right question?

Changing this below IGF parameter will fix ya problem

• Technical File/Process Data Edit/LINEAR CHAMFER
• No.6 Forcible Output Tool Edge Point in Cutter Radius Comp. Not Exist to Exist,
• Z axis command for chamfer will be same amount pocket and hole.
• Z axis command = amount of chamfer +(NC)

Let me know how ya go

brettcnc
07-02-2009, 02:46 AM
Thanks for that, I had forgotten about my rants on here!
David from OKUMA came out and made the changes today.
I look forward to some chamfering in next couple days to see the result.
Will try a 2 x Insert chamfer tool and a pointy one.
We checked the programs I have done previously, some had c.comp and some didn't.

Algirdas
07-05-2009, 07:39 AM
ahm. I still don't understand how the problem occured. If You do process in IGF to route once the shape, it shoud work with tool offsets properly defined?
Do You use some IGF's chamfering feature?

brettcnc
07-05-2009, 06:51 PM
The problem we had was getting the correct size chamfer without having to "trick" IGF with WALL and Valley and untrue offset and ND values. I expected to enter the correct tool data in tool library and have the chamfer come out as programmed, this wasn't happening. This is our first VMC with IGF and we have come to realise that the data entered in the IGF Tool Library is not all used when the program is created. The data in Tool Offset page is more important and changing the chamfer size in Mac Step has no effect whatsoever...
Most of our trouble was probably just our inexperience.

brettcnc
07-27-2009, 06:30 PM
We have had good success with 2 x insert chamfer cutter using the tool geometry straight from the ISCAR book, but the pointy Nine9 tool required offset greater than expected to get accurate chamfers.
-Thanks for the help.