PDA

View Full Version : Oxy fuel cutting on Dynatorch

bvweld
09-12-2008, 07:33 PM
I am reposting this question on a new thread. Is anyone flame cutting with their DT and have you had good luck with the transition? I have a job coming up cutting 1" steel. If I magdrill my start holes I might be able to cut with my Hypertherm 1250. I know I will soon need to be able to switch from plasma to oxyfuel but was wondering what kind of results others have had. Do I need to spring for the new THC or is it not necessary? It looks like it would be a hassle swapping the two THC every time you had to switch processes. Thanks

millman52
09-13-2008, 03:07 PM
Don't know about the DT software but Mach3 allows you to set up separate profiles. For Ox/fuel you don't really use a voltage sensing torch height control anyway.

In using Mach Oxy is merely controlled by the software itself.

1" A36 mild steel I use a smaller tip than most torch manufacturers call for & will pierce cleanly with about 60 seconds of preheat, cut at about 14-15 IPM, & only take about .060 kerf. In fact I use the same tip for everything 1/4" - 1" merely changing regulator pressures & IPM.

bvweld
09-13-2008, 11:45 PM
Don't know about the DT software but Mach3 allows you to set up separate profiles. For Ox/fuel you don't really use a voltage sensing torch height control anyway.

In using Mach Oxy is merely controlled by the software itself.

1" A36 mild steel I use a smaller tip than most torch manufacturers call for & will pierce cleanly with about 60 seconds of preheat, cut at about 14-15 IPM, & only take about .060 kerf. In fact I use the same tip for everything 1/4" - 1" merely changing regulator pressures & IPM.

Dynatorch software also has it's own page dedicated to oxyfuel cutting. They are offering a new THC specifically for flame cutting. Just wondering if anyone has used it yet.
I have been cutting 5/8" A36 plate with a Hypertherm 1250 at 30 ipm and getting a pretty good cut. Guess I will mount a torch on it and see what it will do.

teachagmech
02-03-2012, 01:03 AM
i've used it with great success.... The one thing I haven't found out is the appropriate pre-heat, and pierce times. I suppose those come with some experience, but for heavy stuff, the table works like a dream.

Do you have any new info since the post? I see its been quite a while.

KerfNZ
03-19-2012, 08:45 PM
Hi, we have used the oxyfuel cutting screen on dynatorch systems with great success.

What torch do you have there teachagmech? I could send you some information if you want to pm me your email address?

Hworks
03-20-2012, 09:14 PM
I like it a lot, currently I'm assembling a manifold so i can use it more often without disabling the torch cart. I posted pics of a job cutting 1" material back in January (My first job using wecim) you can see it does a nice job and no bevel, a little different from plasma but if you are familiar with using a hand oxy setup that helps. I use a victor torch, #2 propane tip, gives me a 0.100 kerf.
That being said since i learned about nozzle damage due to blowback while piercing, I pierce using the thick material setting on the DT plasma screen, such as, arc start at 0.25 and retract to 0.5 allows me to pierce 1" clean in 3 seconds using my Hyp 1650.
Andy.