PDA

View Full Version : Spindle Recommendations

MayanArch
08-28-2008, 07:23 PM
I have a custom built 4 Axes CNC machine that is meant to hold a Dremel. The machine is by no means heavy duty, but it isnt one of those plastic or plywood jobs either. IT is made from extruded aluminum and 1/4" aluminum plates.

It cannot hold a heavy Porter Cable type router, but can hold something like a RotoZip.

I need to first rough some exotic hardwoods like Jatoba, Rosewood, and Purple Heart. I then need to do the fine detail work.

I would like to do the rough with a 1/4" bit, and then the detail with 1/8" 4 flute ball end bit.

It would be great if the speed can be controlled by Mach3. I am on a budget, but need some degree of accuracy.

What can you recommend?

Ed_R
12-04-2008, 09:33 PM
Bosch Colt might work, it's a 1-hp trim router with a variable speed.

dannystooblue
12-04-2008, 10:30 PM
I saw a nice small frame router at sears, it was a craftsman but I do not remember the model number. Home depot had something about 1hp with variable speed that is a rigid.

I prefer the premium brand power tools like the bosch and the porter cable but don't recall them having variable speed in the little routers, but I honestly don't remember.

Danny

Claude Boudreau
01-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Look up variable speed control for router on e-bay for about 50 dollar new.(15 amp max)

House of Tools has some.