PDA

View Full Version : CNC Kits

mjp
10-03-2004, 08:32 PM
Hello guys I would like some advice and it seems this is the place.
I have and love my Commercial CNC Router and would like to build a smaller one.
I need to know if there is a good source for the parts and the electronic parts.
I would like to run it with HPGL rather than G-Code.
Mark

jcc3inc
10-04-2004, 10:55 AM
Mark:
Whose CNC controller are you using? I believe that MachI, II can use HPGL inputs. If not, it is possible to make an HPG-to_Gcode converter to make the G Code machine which you now have work OK.
Regards,
Jack C.

ger21
10-04-2004, 10:59 AM
Sheetcam can convert HPGL to G-code. http://www.sheetcam.com. I don't think any hobby (inexpensive) machine control will run a machine directly from HPGL.

mjp
10-04-2004, 08:34 PM
Right now I have a Flexicam CNC Router and run it from my Laptop.
I do not have a controller or anything else for this project that is what I am after.
I need a source for the Controller, and Steppers. The reason I would like to run it on HPGL is that my PostProcessor produces HPGL. I paid a small fortune to have the post written and would like to avoid it again.

Thanks,
Mark
www.mjpcarbon.com

cncadmin
10-04-2004, 09:37 PM
Right now I have a Flexicam CNC Router and run it from my Laptop.
I do not have a controller or anything else for this project that is what I am after.
I need a source for the Controller, and Steppers. The reason I would like to run it on HPGL is that my PostProcessor produces HPGL. I paid a small fortune to have the post written and would like to avoid it again.

Thanks,
Mark
www.mjpcarbon.com

I like the parts you make for heli's, what machine do you use to cut those carbon parts out with and how do you go about cutting them out, ie how do you hold the parts down etc?

mjp
10-05-2004, 08:04 PM
My machine is a Flexicam CNC router.
The parts are cut from a sheet of Carbon Fiber,

boxwood
10-11-2004, 07:46 PM
Hi all

Saw this http://www.luberth.com/cstep/ not sure how it works though. but DOS controllers tend to be reliable

mjp
10-11-2004, 07:54 PM
I think since I already have my CNC machine perhaps my time may be better spent making an arm to hold the Plasma torch offset from the Router table would be a good solution.
Mark