PDA

View Full Version : New HF CNC help!?!

xknacx
09-16-2004, 07:48 PM
I am new to all this. I have purchased a HF mini mill last week. I am looking to fit it for CNC. Nothing fancy or fast, just want to learn and make it work. I pretty much read every post on this board and it has been very helpful!

My question is, I purchased a setup off ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3838677014&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

How should I gear these sissy little motors? The MFG says 5:1 would work well. What is your oppinion?

I have good ideas on how to mount all the motors from everyones posts and from searching the net for pics.

Thanks!! :drowning:

cncadmin
09-16-2004, 08:59 PM
Yep 5 to 1 would work well or direct drive would work.

xknacx
09-16-2004, 09:18 PM
so the 130oz motors will work ok? Does this setup look like a decent deal??

cncadmin
09-16-2004, 09:48 PM
if you gear it that would work

xknacx
09-30-2004, 02:00 PM
Well, I just got the kit the other day and It looks awesome! Very nice quality. I hooked it up to test it and everything worked fine (as I could see with the motors on the bench.) I also got some timing pullies from gates and some belts. I am going to try the 5:1 ratio and see how it works. So far I am almost done with the brackets for the "x" axis. I plan on taking off the fine adjustment and putting the sproket right onto the shaft to make the "z" go up and down. It seems like it will work ok even though its gonna take some power to move it. Anyone try hooking it up this way? does it work ok?