PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! Help troubleshoot Lincoln SA 200

aawelderswife
06-21-2008, 02:08 PM
Ok, please don't all laugh at me. I am the wife of a welder who has been a "company" welder for a local outfit for several years now. He is currently outside rigging up his own truck. He has bought a machine from a friend of his and we are having trouble already. I'm sick of listening to the cursing, so I decided to see if I could find the answers myself. This is all I know...so here goes nothing. The machine cranks and runs fine, but it will not weld. There is also a 110v utility outlet on the front of the machine that is not working. He has cleaned the "armature" sp?? like someone suggested, and that did nothing. He replaced the 110 outlet and the new one doesn't work either. I'm not sure if this is enough info for some help...and I don't really know what I'm talking about so please bear with me. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!!

theweldor
06-22-2008, 09:04 AM
If you get on the AWS forum they have a dection for the SA-200's. Sounds as though it may need flashed. WHich is easily done and explained well their. Alot of knowledgable people there that will help.

Farmers Machine
07-18-2008, 10:08 PM
The exciter coil on the end where the small round cover is, has failed, it is only good for 15 amps and 16 amps will fry it. do not use big wildcat grinders on this machine. Go to the Lincoln Electric web site and down load the repair manual and parts list then order the parts from the local welding supply store and you will be back like new. sometimes these coils just get old and quit so dont be real upset with the person you bought it from. if you are going to do a lot of power tool work remember that the SA 200 is pure DC voltage and will ruin variable speed hand tools. so you may look at a small AC generator. regardless of how old the SA 200 is and older is better, it is the finest machine you will ever own, hands down. good luck with your new business The Farmer