PDA

View Full Version : Bug in the G37.1 ??

Andre' B
06-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Using ver. 2.04
I do not recall trying this in earlier versions.

This line works.
G37.1X-0.750Y-1.000I-1.250P57J-2.000K12.

This does not, but does on the mill, mit. control.
G37.1X-0.750Y-1.000I-1.250P57J-2.000K12
Stepping in the show variables window, it is reading the K12 as 0.0012 and only doing one row.

Edit: Fixed the title!@#!!@$#$#

MetLHead
06-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Andre,

It looks like the coordinate resolution needs to be changed. Open up the Machine Configuration and go to the "Control Settings" page. Check the "Coordinate Resolution" setting, see if it's set to "1.0". If it's not then change it and try your program again.

This raises a question though - how is your control set up to handle coordinates that don't have decimal points? If you command "G0 X12", does the machine move to X12 or X0.0012? I'm wondering if the G65 command needs to ignore the coordinate resolution setting and always assume that the values are whole numbers.

Thanks,
Scott

Andre' B
06-13-2008, 12:01 PM
Andre,

It looks like the coordinate resolution needs to be changed. Open up the Machine Configuration and go to the "Control Settings" page. Check the "Coordinate Resolution" setting, see if it's set to "1.0". If it's not then change it and try your program again.

I set it to 1.0 and that makes it work. You must be handling the P and the K words differently.

This raises a question though - how is your control set up to handle coordinates that don't have decimal points? If you command "G0 X12", does the machine move to X12 or X0.0012? I'm wondering if the G65 command needs to ignore the coordinate resolution setting and always assume that the values are whole numbers.

Thanks,
Scott
Not sure on that, been a while since I run the machine, do know that this type of thing seems to be just a little different on every control.

Next thing I want to get a handle on (when I get some time) is how NCPlot handles G68, G69 just a bit differently then the Mit control, with respect to the #5041-#5044 position information. I have some text macros that work fine on the mill will put text at any angle but not so good in NCPlot.

I bet you wish there was some kind of standardization in controls?

MetLHead
06-13-2008, 12:52 PM
I set it to 1.0 and that makes it work. You must be handling the P and the K words differently.

Yes, you're right. Besides the axis addresses the coordinate resolution is only applied to I, J, K, F & Q

Next thing I want to get a handle on (when I get some time) is how NCPlot handles G68, G69 just a bit differently then the Mit control, with respect to the #5041-#5044 position information. I have some text macros that work fine on the mill will put text at any angle but not so good in NCPlot.

If you could send me a copy of the macros that would be great. I have access to Mits controls and should be able to straighten this out.

Thanks,
Scott