PDA

View Full Version : Do IMService actually exist?

Linus
09-02-2004, 08:53 AM
Hello all ...

I recently saw an add on the Zone for a company called IMService (http://www.cadcamcadcam.com/) ... I checked out their website and found what I think is a good deal on a servo motor controller and software package ...

The problem is that they just don't answer e-mails and I'm getting really frustrated trying to get a response out of them. Now I am operating from South Africa which makes it real difficult to phone (we are 8 hours or so out of sync)...

My question is whether anyone in the group has had any dealings with this company or their products ... I would really appreciate some feedback if anyone has some.

Alternatively ... does anyone know of a similar company selling servo systems for circa $1000 ?

Regards

Linus

High Seas
09-02-2004, 09:26 AM
I bought some of their software - during the trial period they were quite helpful. Can't speak to the hardware side.
I had no email problems - Seems like they monitor this site occasionally - maybe they'll drop you a note
Cheers - Jim

Linus
09-02-2004, 10:08 AM
Hi Jim ...

Thanks for the reply ... hopefully someone from imservice does drop a mail or a thread or something ....

how do you rate the software btw?

Regards

Linus

I bought some of their software - during the trial period they were quite helpful. Can't speak to the hardware side.
I had no email problems - Seems like they monitor this site occasionally - maybe they'll drop you a note
Cheers - Jim

High Seas
09-02-2004, 11:02 AM
Got the Rasterfratz after I gave it a review/trial - fast and easy for raster to vector for graphics etc. Also got the STLWork - works great for creating G-Code from STL files (Solidworks, Rhino, etc). Has a tool catalog so you can preset offsets, etc. Lets you do waterline cuts as well as x,y. Haven't tried the Accutrans that came "bundled" with the STLWorks. Haven't tried it yet. Plan on using that as a means to convert point clouds into usable files - At least thats what I was thinking.
Cheers - Jim