PDA

View Full Version : Problem Anyone Own A Scheppach Planer/Thicknesser ?

thkoutsidthebox
05-22-2008, 07:53 PM
Hi folks,

The assembly instructions included with my new planer are horrible....basically non-existant. I've managed to get it all assembled I think, but there were no instructions included at all with the base, and I have these two yellow panels left over! :eek:

Anyone know where the panels are supposed to go or what they're for? I really cant figure it out.... :(

Plus, I have the top onto the base now, but cant get at the bolt holes underneath to attach them to each other, I'm guessing I have to take off the side panels?

Thanks.

Incidentially I also had to create a makeshift power supply, but thats another story! Not so sure that buying German was a good idea after all! :(

thkoutsidthebox
05-23-2008, 08:43 AM
Well taking off the side panels didn't work, you cant access underneath that way. I think you have to attach the base while the top half is suspended in mid air, and then lower them both together....I'm not joking, I can't think of any other way! I'm working without them attached for the moment and just keepnig a close eye on it.

If anyone knows about the panels I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

thkoutsidthebox
05-23-2008, 02:00 PM
Bump

thkoutsidthebox
05-24-2008, 11:55 AM
Bump

ger21
05-24-2008, 03:36 PM
I don't think they sell those in the US. I've never heard of them before.

thkoutsidthebox
05-25-2008, 08:36 AM
Hey ger, long time no type! :) I hope your keeping well. Thanks for the reply, I guess that would explain the lack of other replies. I've been using it without the panels since I've given up trying to figure out where they are going.

wookie
06-14-2008, 04:02 PM
How far have you gotten with putting it together? Looking at the photo im assuming it is a HMS200. I have built quite a few of scheppach machines, let me know what you are stuck with & I will talk you through the rest. It's a pitty scheppach gear is like mechano as they dont make bad kit for the price!

thkoutsidthebox
06-14-2008, 06:12 PM
Hi wookie, thanks for the reply. My machine is the HMS 2600 ci. I have it assembled as in the second picture above, and have been using it fine.

I dont know how to bolt the planer onto the base since I can't get at the bolt holes with the base assembled and the planer sitting on it?

I also still dont know where those two panels in the first picture above go?

Thanks for any help. :)

Kennington
11-13-2011, 02:41 PM
I too have just been assembling a Scheppach 2600 planer/thicknesser. I agree the instructions were practically non-existant. However, I managed eventually. The base must be fully assembled first, including the two straight yellow panels. These are held by the upper two bolts at each end which also link the yellow end panels to the blue side panels.
If you do not have the wheeled base trolley then fit the rubber pad feet. There should be four studs fitted to stand up vertically from the top edge of the base. These should have the rubber discs fitted over them. The machine can then be lifted and lowered carefully onto the base, making sure that the studs engage in holes on the underside of the machine. The rest of the components are fairly easy to place.
Hope this helps