PDA

View Full Version : post processors

littlerob
05-15-2008, 05:31 PM
do any of you guys use Mastercam X on an OSP control and if so, how hard was it to get it to post correctly? This is my first job where I had to edit my own processor and frankly I'm a little intimidated. I know the control very well, but not so much the software. I have been behind the post a little, and made a copy of it so as not to alter the original, but I guess I'm a little overwhelmed by the amount of data. Any help would be appreciated

littlerob
05-15-2008, 06:02 PM
oh yeah, I need to post to 5020L, a 7000 and an E100

Knighterrant00
11-26-2008, 03:10 PM
If you have one for a OSP 5000 it will work for a 5020, a 7000, a E100, a U100, aP100 and a P200. As long as they are all the same style of machine.

kazmir44
12-06-2008, 12:32 AM
What is wrong with the post you have now?

littlerob
12-06-2008, 10:27 AM
It does not support the C axis correctly on the turn centers. It outputs Radial values instead of values in degrees, and feeds per minute (which I am sure is due to my own inexperience and a minor parameter change) instead of degrees per minute.

That said we just got maintenence and X3:) so I am sure they can get me lined out.

Thanks, Robert

kazmir44
12-06-2008, 11:58 AM
It does not support the C axis correctly on the turn centers. It outputs Radial values instead of values in degrees, and feeds per minute (which I am sure is due to my own inexperience and a minor parameter change) instead of degrees per minute.

That said we just got maintenence and X3:) so I am sure they can get me lined out.

Thanks, Robert

I have been through the same thing. I have a post for the lathe work, which does not support c axis. Then I have a separate post for the c-axis work that doesn't post out the lathework correctly. I use the both of them and paste the two programs together.
I spent tons of time trying to modify posts so they would do what i wanted them to do. In the end i wasn't much better off then when i started. alot of things are easy to change in the control def. or in the post itself with switches.
but when start trying to move things around it gets pretty tricky

I always program c-axis work in IPM.
I haven't had much luck with c-axis and mastercam. Or 4-axis and mastercam for that matter.

Good luck with x3

BTW insider secret - check out the emastercam.com forums
the guys there are very helpful and will have an answer for any question you may have. Just don't ask for a post.

littlerob
12-06-2008, 12:26 PM
BTW insider secret - check out the emastercam.com forums
the guys there are very helpful and will have an answer for any question you may have. Just don't ask for a post.

Awesome thanks alot for the tip.

X3 is really cool

And trying to post for the C-axis combined the rest is getting frustrating, I have really appreciated Mastercams customer support so far, but I would like to be able to post a turn, drill, and live tool op, with one post processor.