PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! Moulding material -help !

zeoncomp
05-09-2008, 09:10 PM
Hello,

I am making some Aluminum shapes - let just say that is like a small box 10x15" The tickness is 3/16 - 5052 Industrial AL. I can make it with a break but is painfull :), is not exact always, and is very inconvenient at some bendings.

I can make a moulding out of mild steel - no problem. My only concern is that if I do it - when I will press down - the exterior side of the AL will scratch.

I have absolutely no ideea what should I use for the moulding material. It has to be very strong yet soft so it does not scratch my part

Again - this is an example - the complexity of the parts that I create is bigger than that and requires multiple mouldings.

I really appreciate your help -

Thank you

Michael.lee
10-30-2008, 11:17 AM
Hi, where do your aluminum shapes will be used for ? How does it work in your mind ? do it use for storing something or ...

Please let us know your idea.

I know that AL box will be scratched when demolding from the die mold. We should have idea to improve this. I hope to do assistance with my experience of mold and molding fields.

Please let me know your detail. You can contact me with email or MSN code.

Greetings,
Michael.L

Stu_M3
11-06-2008, 07:47 AM
Not quite sure what you are asking here. Is it an aluminium part that you want to make in plastic or is it a protective box for your aluminium or is it a die casting mould you require. Or is it a form tool ???