PDA

View Full Version : Esprit 3D on multi axis lathe

bassn_07
05-05-2008, 10:54 PM
As of know I'm using Esprit 2005 because my previous company didn't want to keep the maintenance package. Since then they have been bought out and the new owner would like to upgrade to 2008. I will be programming a Hitachi Seiki HiCell CH250 multi axis lathe. There are a ton of jobs that would need 3D work and I've never played around with this feature except for now. I've read the tutorial and it helped some but I'm still a long ways from being where I need to be. Is there anyone using this software who is familiar with 3d work? My new boss would like to make sure it will be worth the money to upgrade before spending the money...makes sense. Any help would be appreciated.

ALLtra Mach
05-12-2008, 12:25 AM
What exactly is it you want to know?
You didn't really post a question.
When we got our package, we got it from Cim Integrators in Tulsa OK, not sure if they are in your area, but those guys are great. They definetly know the software and have the greatest support of any I have seen.

bassn_07
05-12-2008, 11:56 PM
Sorry, after reading my post again it wasn't very clear on exactly what I was asking. Here is a small portion of the part I will be attempting to manufacture. I'll need to know if Esprit will be capable of handing such a part...I'm pretty sure it can but not a 100% positive. If yes can anyone help with the approach I should take and what kind of tool paths I should be looking at. I've never done free form stuff since I started and now with the new company there seems to be plenty. Any help would really be appreciated.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn11/bassn_07/examplepart.jpg

bassn_07
05-13-2008, 11:26 PM
anybody? All I need is a little direction and I could try to figure the rest out. The main problem I'm having is getting the tool path to do what I want it to do. Depending on what pocket I'm trying to rough out or finish I can't seem to get the tool path below the surface. I also can't seem to keep the tool from gouging the od walls. I used freeform rough and slected the surface I would like to machine including the walls and internal radius. Any help would be appreciated.