PDA

View Full Version : Macturn 250-W spindles not lined up, how to adjust Y for each?

04-23-2008, 11:47 AM
Hello,

We've got a Macturn. The problem is that our spindles are not perfectly in line.

We don't really want to adjust them by tweaking the leveling bolts as we feel that it will just shift again when the weather changes. They are only out a couple thou of each other.

I've dialed in each spindle and I've got each one's center values. The problem is I can only find one 'Y axis turning position' and I've got it set for the main, if I do a facing op on the sub spindle it leaves a very slight nub.

I could enter Y axis mode and move it to Y0 and that works, however then it enters radius mode and that's something I'd like to avoid for lathe tools. It's fine if it enters radius mode with milling tools.

I've tried putting a Y offset in the tool offset values for the sub, but in order for that to come into effect, I need to enter Y axis mode which doesn't solve my issue.

Any help?

OKUMA Tech
04-24-2008, 01:25 PM
I've got the macturn assistant that I will send to u, it's about 1.5 meg if you have a email for for that size file.

04-24-2008, 02:28 PM
I'll PM you the e-mail address.

Thank you very much!

CNCRim
04-24-2008, 02:38 PM
aha! There is a secrect, y not spit out here everyone can absord something. Well, the trick I have is shim the tool on the sub op.

OKUMA Tech
04-30-2008, 11:05 PM
The X Y setup is no secret, it's in the book. the secret is having the correct book. If you have a Macturn or a Multus and need this info will be glad to send it to all that can use it.(wedge)(nuts)

BROCD
10-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Can I get a copy?

Thank you

OKUMA Tech
10-09-2008, 01:21 AM
send me a addy in my P/M and I'll send the latest and greatest pdf files I have, some are 9meg +:cheers: