PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! FP4NC problem

Hawkercnc
04-19-2008, 05:50 AM
Hi
Still having a problem with my Deckel. I was experiencing a problem with getting the spindle running and now nothing will start up. The screen says 30 BA16. Any ideas??

Thanks John

By the way I have a 17 page pdf document 'Bosch Transistors amplifiers TR15 II, Connections and Integration Instructions P /no. 3742/E2 10-84 in ENGLISH!! which would appear to be the main driving box instructions.

Hawkercnc
04-24-2008, 05:02 PM
Here I am answering my own query. The error message that I got '30', I found the answer to in the book. It needed deleting via a couple of key strokes, what was really getting me down was the repeated FP00 and FP02 error messages. After help from a friend here is my new knowledge on the matter. My large control box has the smaller transformer box placed on top of it. This causes a slight sag in the roof of the lower box. Generations of engineers had put oily rubbish on it and the accumulated oil had dribbled into the lower cabinet and got on the contactor points. Also 20 years of ventilation and moisture had also oxidised most of the low voltage contactor points. It appears that due to the enormous number of safety locks many of these contactors are daisy chained in the various safety loops. One gunged contactor will therefore stop the whole machine. The lower voltage contactors do not have enough power going through them to blast off the surface oxide. A large number of contacts needed serious cleaning to get all the error messages off. This was done with WD40 and pulling coarse cardboard through them. All the top two rows of contactors were removed and cleaned. They can be tested in situ with a a bleeping Avo meter and also the resistance checked. They should have negligible resistance. They were found to have resistances ranging from 60 ohms to infinite resistance ie. open circuit. This was all on the low voltage contacts. The top left hand contactors have a set of points hidden behind them which were largely at fault and needed cleaning. They must be removed, the covers and brown insulating backing removed to gain access to these points.

All was going well until a piece of paper thin alumimium swarf which had not been noticed fell through the grid on the top of the controller unit and there was a flash bang! Numerous diodes died, however it appeared that the next dooor board had suffered an earlier similar fate and that had been the reason for the spindle failing to fire up. The unit is awaiting the spare diodes before the repairs will be progressed. Something has also gone to earth further downstream as the first repair blew instantly and this is being looked into.

Steve the electronics guru is also looking at fixing a battery charging circuit to keep the on board batteries charged up whilst the machine is not used for several days.
Also a question I have a standard mains lead supply as well as the three phase . What is this for? It seems to serve no function and can be turned off. Light??

I would suggest that anyone with a new old machine cleans the control cabinet out with rigour and also takes off every contactor one by one and checks them, uses special electrical contact cleaner, or cleans the points if necessary. Using most abrasives will remove the silver coating and worsen the problem.

A few more problems like these and I will be able to write a repair manual
Regards
John

deckeldoctor
05-15-2008, 05:01 PM
With the age of the relays, I suggest you start to replace them.

I recommend this to all my customers. The coils get weak from age and the relays do not operate well enough.

This is extremely important in a machine that use so much relay logic to control the machine.

The time it takes to remove a relay and clean it and replace it and hope that it works or for how long it will continue to work is not a good guess.

It is much more cost effective to just replace them as time and money allow.

Buy a new one every week,or month until the are all replaced is the best thing.

Even if you are a home shop you time is still worth something.

I have seen patterns of failure from the relays in the machines over the years
as I have been service Deckels for 23 years.

Regards
Deckeldoctor