PDA

View Full Version : End Mill Bit Supplier?

UCFMems
08-10-2004, 02:45 PM
Hey everyone, I've got a quick question and I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction. I need a 4mm End Mill Bit (with a 3/8 shank) for a very specialized cut that I need to make into glass. I'm sure its going to be pretty hard to find a metric bit with an english shank size...so I suppose a 5/32" (3.96875 mm) bit would work as well. Luckily the cut only needs to be .08mm (0.0031496063 inches) deep so we're talking a very shallow cut (which should hopefully make the glass easier to deal with.)

But yeah, I'm just wondering if anyone happens to know any good places I can order such an odd bit because I haven't been able to find anyplace on my own. Thanks a bunch.

nervis1
08-10-2004, 09:27 PM
I buy most of my stuff from US shop tools. They carry a bunch of unusual stuff, and if you don't see it in the cat they can get it. there are a thousand other suppliers on the net too, KBC, ENCO, Travers, etc etc.

I love KBC too as their packages seem to arrive within two days, time after time, that is one tight shipping dept they have there.

lt paul
08-10-2004, 09:45 PM
kbc has english shank metric bits in hss but if your cutting glass you may need carbide-not sure on the need or the availability of those bits in carbide

UCFMems
08-11-2004, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the info guys, I'll have to check out US Shop tools and KBC and see if they have what I need.