PDA

View Full Version : Okuma OSP 3000 tape reader

hsimola
03-31-2008, 05:27 AM
I have tried to read control tapes to Okuma core memory. Tape stops when programs should start.

Any ideas why?

Also holes are not on "light line", "light line" is between holes, is that correct?

RODMAN
03-31-2008, 04:42 PM
The tape readers are generally trouble free but need to be checked for alignment especially if the bulb has been changed. Clean the bulb, the plastic rod (prism) below the bulb and the lens that the tape passes over with a soft cloth and mild glass cleaner. Turn the machine on and check the voltage to the bulb. It should be 15 V DC. Adjust if necessary with sliding resistor. With the bulb in place and on you should see a white line formed by the lens and located in the center of the window for receiving light to the photo transistor. If this white light is off the window or crooked then the tape will not read properly or shut off at the end of the read.

You can adjust the white line by turning the socket to align the filament in the bulb.

Rodman

hsimola
03-31-2008, 11:37 PM
Ok, thanks Rodman, I will do that test.

So, I tried to feed "Control tape #1", but it stops always to where program punching starts.