PDA

View Full Version : Newbie simple sign making

mc-motorsports
03-22-2008, 07:00 PM
Hello,

I need to make a couple of signs using my CNC mills, but I need a CAM package that will allow me to do "V-Carving". I realize that V-Carve Pro would be the answer, but I'm only cutting two signs and looking for something more cost effective. Would the CUT 3D software work? Right now I use Rhino CAD and Rhino CAM and haven't done any "art" to date with the exception of simple engraving.

BTW, I want to make them from aluminum and have them chrome plated if that makes a difference. It's just one for me and one for a customer just for a couple of car shows this summer, no intentions of making anything else in the near future, that's why I'm shy about spending the money for V-Carve Pro.

Any input is appreciated, thanks,
Michael

ger21
03-22-2008, 07:06 PM
You can probably find someone to create the code for you if you supply the drawing and feed and speed and other needed info.

mc-motorsports
03-23-2008, 02:17 AM
Actually I did get Rhino Cam to work. I never could get the V-Carve engraving to work for crap, so just being curious, I went to MECH SOFTS website looking for info and noticed they had a service pack they released back in 2006, downloaded it and V-carve engraving works great! Problem solved, thanks.