PDA

View Full Version : Gift for My Better Half- Taig CNC

CROSSHATCH
02-29-2008, 06:58 PM
Hey Guys, sorry about the corny title :P

Well Below is a gift that I made for my girlfriend. This was suppose too be for Valentines day, but Mouser messed up my order about 2 times, and I never got my 25D Male/Male parallel cable. Which should have been in about two weeks ago :(

This Picture was taken over the Summer in Destin Florida and I thought it would be a very special gift too give. I put a a lot of time into this gift and work, she is a summer girl so I also tried too make the entire thing "Beachy".

Sadly, the pictures do NOT do any justice too how beautiful this piece is. I used Vcarve Pro (Thanks Tony for a great product) changed the pic too White and black too profile the lines. Cut is .4mm deep. It came out very nice except for the lettering in the sun, my machine went and cut a line right through it :( But it looks ok. I'm very happy with this! And I hope you enjoy. The picture "CUT" is 3.50 in by 7.90 inches.

This was done on my CNC Taig, I love the Taig so much.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a96/SpeedsCustom/Cutting.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a96/SpeedsCustom/Picture194.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a96/SpeedsCustom/Picture198.jpg

-Speed

CROSSHATCH
02-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Please do comment, I would like some feedback. Btw- The 6.10.05 looks really bad because I stained it, i'm waiting for it too dry so I can sand it.

-Speed

ViperTX
02-29-2008, 10:02 PM
Personally, I would have made the plywood with the date smaller, thereby adding some legs to the people.

CROSSHATCH
02-29-2008, 10:46 PM
Well, I'm sure I could have added legs. But that was the original picture. And I was pushing the limits on the size. Of everything. I only added the date because I had the room.

And it's Oak :)

-Speed

blades
03-01-2008, 01:41 AM
Looks absolutely awesome, and I bet she'll love it! Nice job!

ATV
03-01-2008, 01:50 AM
Looks absolutely awesome, and I bet she'll love it! Nice job!

I dunno....I think he needs to post another photo of his girlfriend facing the camera.....just so we can get an idea if he captured her likeness or not. :p

CROSSHATCH
03-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Thanks Blades, I really wish the pictures could show how nicely it was done.

ATV- She is something, like top 10 model :) lol

I'm glad you guys like it, i'll get another pic up don't worry.

-Speed

tmarks11
03-01-2008, 01:06 PM
alright, I personally am disappointed..........

I thought that you were giving your girlfriend a Taig CNC as a gift. And I seriously wanted to hear some more about that little transaction, because I know that if I tried a trick like that I would not like the response.:stickpoke

Back OT, it looks great; I am sure she will love it. It is pretty impressive how well th epicture turned out. VCarve Pro must be pretty nice.

deanxd
03-01-2008, 02:00 PM
That's so sweet I think I'm going to cry.........It's got that whole Titanic theme going on there :drowning: Just a joke sorry. It looks great don't change a thing............Dean

Tony Mac
03-01-2008, 04:11 PM
What a clever carving and a momento that will be treasured forever!

Excellent lateral thinking Speed - I like it :)

Tony

CROSSHATCH
03-02-2008, 01:25 AM
Hahha tmarks, thats awesome lol :) I shoulda given her a Taig CNC...Stupid me.

Tony- Thanks for a great product, never thought I would be making this kinda stuff. Although this is not what I use Vcarve for, moments like this are great when you can do something special for someone else, and have it come from the heart.

She really loved it, she kept touching it and asking questions about it lol. It was really nice too see her like it. Later this evening she was actually messing with Vcarve and stuff, it was nice too see her interact with my stuff:) HAHAHA I'M A FREAK ! :p

-Speed

fretsman
03-02-2008, 09:11 AM
She really loved it, she kept touching it and asking questions about it lol. It was really nice too see her like it. Later this evening she was actually messing with Vcarve and stuff, it was nice too see her interact with my stuff:) HAHAHA I'M A FREAK ! :p

-Speed

Great, now you really went and opened up a huge can of worms, my friend. Now she's going to expect more of this from you. Next time make one that looks like crap, purposely, and that way she'll say "no honey, I don't need anymore of these, just keep working on your parts" lol!!

Seriously, nice job and she should be glad to have someone who would take the time and work to even consider doing things like this for her- she must be special :)

CROSSHATCH
03-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Lol Fretsman, not even going too lie, I got a nice lie out of your first paragraph. No more engravings for you!!!!

It came out nice and I'm happy. Now back too my parts, your right lol. She is pretty special....(nuts):)

Thanks for the compliments.

-Speed