PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! Dongle error

blackrat
02-16-2008, 11:20 AM
Anyone else run into this problem? When I put the dongle in and run the program, I get a message that says; Evaluation time expired - please contact your dealer.

I'm using RamsGOLD.

blackbeard52
02-16-2008, 05:44 PM
May I ask some simple questions

1. Is this a new install?
2. is this a parallel or serial dongle or USB
3. are the ports that the dongle is inserted enabled on the computer
4. what Operating system are you running? XP, win98 etc.

I know this seems kinda petty but this is the first thing I look for in trouble shooting.

Bob

blackrat
02-16-2008, 06:46 PM
May I ask some simple questions

1. Is this a new install?
2. is this a parallel or serial dongle or USB
3. are the ports that the dongle is inserted enabled on the computer
4. what Operating system are you running? XP, win98 etc.

I know this seems kinda petty but this is the first thing I look for in trouble shooting.

Bob

No, it isn't a new install. The dongle is USB and the ports are enabled. I'm running Windows XP Professional. It was working earlier in the day.

ger21
02-16-2008, 07:42 PM
Is there a driver for the dongle?

blackrat
02-17-2008, 04:39 AM
Is there a driver for the dongle?

Yes, the software installs a hasp driver.

ger21
02-17-2008, 08:13 AM
Try reinstalling the dongle driver then.

blackrat
02-17-2008, 04:08 PM
Try reinstalling the dongle driver then.

I tried that too. I'm not computer illiterate. I built and sold computers for over 4 years and also trouble shot software problems when it comes to Windows OS. (Windows versions 3.0, 3.11, 95, 98, NT, XP) Still have all of them too. Including DOS 6.22

Guess I'll just have to wait for Rams support to call me.........:confused:

Emailed Rams support and help is on the way!!!! Thanks Jack.......

shobson
05-31-2009, 09:57 PM
blackrat, did you ever get this problem solved? I realize this is an old thread, but we just had this problem occur ourselves. We've been running Rams Pro on the same computer since 2005, have made no changes, and suddenly when we try to start the program we get the "Evaluation time expired - please contact your local dealer" message. I sent an email to their support link, but it was late in the day on Friday so I haven't heard back yet. Are they even still active? I don't see anything about them on the net since 2008.

Thanks for your help.

Stephanie Hobson

shobson
06-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Just to close this out, I did get an email from Rams Support this a.m. with instructions that solved my problem. So they are still alive and kicking!