PDA

View Full Version : Probing with Turbo CNC

btalon
02-15-2008, 07:09 PM
Hey Guys,

I am brand new to this forum and this is my first thread.

Hello All!

Well I am working on a project for my work right now to make a digitizing probe. I am still waiting for motors to actually start running TurboCNC, but I had a few questions to speed up my preparations for the motors arriving.

For right now, my plan is to scan a part using a rotary axis and the z axis to come straight down on th part.

Now, my questions are as follows:

What is the exact format of the points.dat file that the coordinates are recorded too?

Does it include the A-axis?

e.g. X0.00 Y0.00 Z0.00 A0.00

I realize I can rename the axis but i would like to record angles in the points.dat file. Like this...

Z0.00in A35.00 (degrees or radians)

How many significant figures? (0.000000000)

I am currently making a visual basic apllication file to process the raw data from the points.dat file, so i need to know the exact format.

If the points.dat file will only record X0.00 Y0.00 Z0.00, that is still ok because i can simply adjust the settings in turboCNC and manipulate the data coordinates accordingly through polar coordinates.

And last, if anyone has an actual points.dat file they wanna send me, well that would be great too!

Thanks

Chad G

vtxstar
02-23-2008, 08:19 PM
Greetings and welcome aboard. I took some time off from working on my TCNC control computer/electronics this evening and saw your post.

Have you trolled here?
turbocnc yahoo group (http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/turbocnc/)

I did a quick search on your points.dat question and got several hits in the listings. Frankly I am not at the movement phase in my project yet so I cannnot answer your question.

Your project sounds like fun and much work. Keep us informed.