PDA

View Full Version : DMU Evo 70 and 50 linear questions

nurbs32
02-08-2008, 02:03 PM
most of my experience has been with trunion style machines so ...

I was wondering whats the easiest way to handle the one rotary axis thats on the 45 deg angle?

is this easiest to handle in the post processor? do the one axis just rotate around y axis at a 45 deg? Does the control automatically take care of the transforms?

I have heard of using m128 or m129 ? can someone explain what these do?

We looking at purchasing an evo 70, so any feedback will be welcomed

Hermle UWF851
02-12-2008, 11:42 AM
The control software can "re-align" the part when it is rotated. For example, when you rotate 90 degrees, and you tell the machine to move in "X", the machine "Y" axis will physically move. And more complex if you have odd angles. The basic idea is that you program x and y as it is shown on the print and the machine will rotate and do everything else for you.

The m128 is for simultaneous 5 axis work where the tool tip follows the part during rotation.

the salesman will have a better description when you talk with him/her.

B-Rock
02-23-2008, 08:39 AM
If you do end up with the 70 i would for sure get the probe system with it. Cause with HEIDENHAIN you get to have the M128 but the greater one is Cycle 19. with this you can move your A,B, or C axis and your Datum (0,0 spot) will move with it. but with having this nice feature you have to make sure your kinematics are all good (all axis should be less than 0.0005 if you are doing really crazy tight stuff if not 0.001 is ok). and to make your kinematics good you need the Probe.

Have fun