PDA

View Full Version : Mach2 (Improvment suggestions)

ynneb
07-16-2004, 09:04 PM
Please post any suggested improvments you would like to see in Mach2.

I am sure that Art would consider some of these ideas.

Suggestion 1.

I would like to be able to design my interface with better BMP options in the right click. Also would it be possible to have JPGs and even animated GIFs.
It would be good if you could save a screen as one file and not have to put the pictures in a seperate folder.

Suggestion 2.

Is it possible to make Mach2 play a sound once the cutting code had completed?

cncadmin
07-16-2004, 10:27 PM
It would be nice to be able to zero out each axis individually.

ynneb
07-16-2004, 11:32 PM
Actually It is already possible to either tell an individual axis to go to zero, or set it to zero.

I am not sure if the buttons are in the default setup, or if you have to make the buttons, but you can create them.

I am not sure if a everyone is aware that you can customize your frontend of Mach2 to do many functions or delete the functions that you will never use. In the Mach2 folder there is a little program that allows you to custimise your front end to suit your machine.

ynneb
07-19-2004, 03:05 AM
I would like to see a very simple 2.5d CAD/CAM program incorperated into Mach2.
You would be able to drive your machine straight from the CAM section.

kong
07-19-2004, 07:40 AM
It has already got the DXF converter, shame it doesn't do multiple passes straight off the bat, but that can be fixed with a macro, or by hand editing the code. No got as far as the macro bit yet though!
I'm not sure how much notice Art will take for any of your requests Benny, since he is trying to lock down the developement of the Mill module for the time being to concentrate on the Turn module. There is a lot that needs doing.

ynneb
07-19-2004, 08:48 AM
I'm not sure how much notice Art will take for any of your requests Benny, since he is trying to lock down the developement of the Mill module for the time being to concentrate on the Turn module. There is a lot that needs doing.

There is a bible quote that says "You have not, because you ask not"

Ask enough times, and come up with lots of good ideas, and maybe you might just get a few of them. You just never know.