PDA

View Full Version : Just bought this - WHAT A FANTASTIC DEAL!

thkoutsidthebox
01-05-2008, 04:05 PM
Hi folks,

I posted this on the Vectric Forum and wanted to share the news here aswell! :D

Before Christmas I received an email from VA3D saying that they were discontinuing the V-Carve collection. So I had to buy it sooner than I intended before they were all gone! :eek: I figured with the $100 REDUCTION !! :eek: it was even more worthwhile. :)

UPS messed up the shipping and routed my parcel to god only knows where! I contacted VA3D about a week ago saying it hadn't arrived, and within a day they had it zipping its way to me! Fantastic service. You hear about fantastic service, but never really appreciate it until you need it yourself! James even gave me a free 3D model!

Anyway...now for the best part....2080 .eps/.ai models for $99...sounds great, and it is, the models are fantastic...REALLY. Im impressed. But here's the best part...that I really want to share, and I hope James doesn't mind, but I consider myself to have received 2080 3D models aswell for $99!!

:confused: How can this be? :confused: I hear you ask! :rolleyes:

I opened one or two of the models in Corel a few minutes ago, spent about 30 seconds blurring them, imported them into PhotoVCarve...and VOILA! I just had to post this....You can see the results for yourself! WOW. And for 2D Carving the models are really fantastic also. :banana:

This was a VERY quick job. I could easily get more detail even though its great as is. Doing this with Photo-V-Carve is so much easier when you have very good pictures to work from.

But Really....If you do one thing this year, run over to VA3D and buy the V-Carve Collection at $99 before they're all gone!

http://www.vectorart3d.com/vcarve/

The service is utterly fantastic. A BIG SHOUT OUT FOR ILDI AND JAMES. Thankyou for the great sales support.

And get Photo-V-Carve while your at it!

L8rs....wow... :D

(I am not affiliated to Vectric or VectorArt in any way, just a happy [ecstatic!] customer)

ger21
01-05-2008, 04:32 PM
Unfortunately, I don't see any way of actually seeing what you get for the $99.

HayTay
01-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Gerry,

Try this link:

VCarve Collection Content (http://www.vectorart3d.com/index.cfm/QuickTour4.htm)

It'll take you more than a few minutes to follow all of the links to see what's in the collection.

monte55
01-06-2008, 11:27 AM
I purchaced this collection when I got my V Carve 2d software. It's well worth the money. Some of the designs I'll never use probably. Even some that I may not want to use the entire design, I can remove parts and use them. For example...there may be a forest scene with a moose. I may not want it all........maybe just a tree, the moose, etc. I take what I want. Even at $199, It still was a good value.
Nick

lovebugjunkie
01-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Have to agree on with what the others said about this collection.
I received the collection a few day before Christmas and very happy with it.

Thanks for the tip on using the blurring option, will have to check that out.

thkoutsidthebox
01-06-2008, 03:38 PM
Unfortunately Ger I don't imagine I could post pics since their copyrighted....not that I'd want to.....there is 2080 of them after all! lol :D

Lovebug, I load the image in Corel PhotoPaint, although other programs have the same features. I usually use gaussian blur once, then smooth a few times. Then invert the image before loading it in Photo-V-Carve. Set the stepover to about 15% or less in PVC and thats it! There are a few threads in the PVC section of the Vectric forum about it.

bradyfb
03-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Hey thkoutsidthebox; Nice work, What size bit are you useing for the roughing? and what size for the finishing pass? Also what depth? Thanks Brady

thkoutsidthebox
03-02-2008, 07:26 PM
Hi brady. the two pics above were only the previews generated with PhotoVCarve, although the preview is always pretty much exactly the same as the result. The preview was for a 6mm ball for the roughing toolpath, and a 1/8" ball nose for the finishing. Both carvings were generated at 12"x12" if I remember correctly, and the depth was aout 1/4".

sawmiller
04-04-2008, 04:42 PM
that deal is no longer available, i just asked today.
instead they have a larger selection for $299
dan