PDA

View Full Version : Seco minimaster tooling?

DRD
12-29-2007, 12:15 PM
Have anyone ever used the minmaster series tooling from seco. They have some carbide inserts and holders used milling and mold making.
We are looking into to buying some of these holders and inserts, just wanted to get some feed back from some users.
Thanx

GaryCorlew
12-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Yes we use them, Started about 3 or 4 months ago. They have been the best I have ever used!!. I do not use them for molds however. We are switching over to using all seco tooling because of the time savings compared to what we were using previously and also the support we have been receiving. I am using them on a Haas VF11 and two Haas VF4's.

WOLOG
12-29-2007, 05:49 PM
I use Iscar Multimaster. I think it has a better setup than the Seco. I like the threaded inserts rather than the Seco drawbar type. Ingersoll and PH Horn have similar items as the Iscar.

Mitsui Seiki
12-29-2007, 08:09 PM
Have anyone ever used the minmaster series tooling from seco. They have some carbide inserts and holders used milling and mold making.
We are looking into to buying some of these holders and inserts, just wanted to get some feed back from some users.
Thanx

I've been using them for about 10 years.
Won't trade them for anything else.

tyty43086
02-15-2008, 07:04 PM
we use the 90 deg inserts for chamfering and spot drilling holes on the mills, haven't used any square end or ballnose inserts. btw the inserts seem extremely pricey...

MazakMikeO
02-15-2008, 07:37 PM
I have used them in the past. No idea about cost involved, I do know they were expensive though. The only problem I found was if the insert was smashed pretty bad, it knackered the holder as well.

Brakeman Bob
02-16-2008, 08:19 AM
Like WOLOG, we use the Iscar MultiMaster the reason being that you can get a dregree of thro' tool coolant. OK, it exits the carbide shank just behind where the insert screws on, but it is better than nothing.

Never used the SECO stuff and I'll admit I was sceptical about the MultiMaster, but I am happy to say I was proven wrong.

5axisguy
04-05-2008, 07:03 AM
One nice thing about the multimaster from iscar is that they are interchangeable with the Ingersoll chipsurfer line, they both work well, I use alot of the bullnose tools for moldmaking and we have a local guy that will resharpen and recoat them for a very low cost. I use some seco tooling but not the series your talking about.

mactec54
04-05-2008, 01:39 PM
Hi WOLOG & 5axesguy

Iscar owns Ingersoll so a lot of there tooling is interchangeable some are the same
there are other tooling suppliers also that are Iscar made but with a different name

I_flungdung
04-12-2008, 09:50 PM
I use Multimaster from Iscar on a VF-3. I use a rougher/finisher 3/4" dia. end mill. 60ipm instead of my old HSS rougher at 8-10 ipm. Helical mills nicely enough for me to probe off from it and maintain .0002 conc. They have a nice chatter free insert too. Tool lasts a long time, easy to replace without having to reset. Overall, it's a nice situation.

modelci
12-21-2008, 09:26 AM
2 day ago i bought iscar multimaster tool, 1 tungsten shaft and 2 types of aluminum inserts. i know they are the best for aluminum milling.
I use lots of seco tools but i dont preffer minimaster.

Astonlee
01-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Seco minimaster good, but if you intend to use a lot tips they are expensive, and with good quality solid carbide being so cheap these days. I would consider shrink-fit as being a far better solution, and at least you are not struck with using captive tooling!