PDA

View Full Version : Backlash problem

birchie
12-24-2007, 12:01 PM
Can anyone help I have an Okuma LC20 with an OSP5000LG control it has had a negative backlash amount put into the parameter and will now not power up correctly. The screen stops with the cursor flashing at the bottom as though it is waiting for an input.

Can anyone help.

Cheers Birchie

broby
12-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Hello Birchie,
Sounds to me like you have a lot more to worry about with your machine than just a negative backlash amount.
Having a setting such as this will not stop the machine from powering up!
Is there any errors or messages on the screen on start up?
Usually when the machine starts up like this, the problem is something associated with CPU board type problems.
Sorry,
Brian.

birchie
12-30-2007, 07:07 AM
Hello Brian

Thanks for replying I do have some alarm messages. Well quite a few. Do they cast any light on my problem.

65 alarm P SVP start 8020039
SBP IIE 2.02
Memory test OK! SBP0000
Load: SYS
LAT 06-05-B.POL
LAZE 6-05-L-300A.POL
Monitor _ (note that the cursor is flashing as though it is waiting for an input)

Thanks again for your help.

Birchie

broby
12-30-2007, 05:29 PM
Hello Brian

Thanks for replying I do have some alarm messages. Well quite a few. Do they cast any light on my problem.

65 alarm P SVP start 8020039
SBP IIE 2.02
Memory test OK! SBP0000
Load: SYS
LAT 06-05-B.POL
LAZE 6-05-L-300A.POL
Monitor _ (note that the cursor is flashing as though it is waiting for an input)

Thanks again for your help.

Birchie

Hello Birchie,

Alarm Level = P (not a good level to get!)
Alarm Number = 65
Alarm String = SVP Start
Alarm Code = 8020039

The book breaks down the code using the format of XXYYZZZZ and in your case this means:
XX=08
YY=02
ZZZZ=0039

The XX portion of the error states "Servo Data Alarm -> ZZZZ: Abnormal servo data code"
The YY portion of the error states "ZB Axis"
The ZZZZ portion states "Backlash"
Probable faulty locations "The servo data setting alarm occurs when the servo data (stored in the bubble memory) of the machine and the SVPROM version do not match each other"

As for how you cna fix this problem? I am sorry but I usually refer this level of error to the local Okuma office.

Hope this information helps in some way!
I was surprised to see that your problem was associated with the backlash problem, I would have thought that you should have been able to still start your machine and then correcting the backlash would be simple... but since when has anything been simple in life?

Best of luck
Brian.

broby
12-30-2007, 05:33 PM
Oh and the .POL files are just part of the normal boot up process.
The POL extension stands for "Power ON Load" and usually contains such information such as IGF data, Tool Data, Zeroset Data etc... usually all the user settable stuff...
Lose these files in any way and you are in for a bit of work!
Would have been nice to find this out before I upgraded the software on our LC20M many years ago now! Took ages to reset all the information in IGF etc...
Cheers
Brian,