PDA

View Full Version : Changing configuration

barbter
12-23-2007, 02:06 PM
Hi All (Scott?)

Is there anyway of doing the following:-
1. Delete the machine configuration options on the menu that don't apply to me (ie keep only Lathe Diameter & Mill)
2. Increase the text size default in the editor by a point or 2 (my eyes aren't as good as they were).

Many thanks,
Terry

MetLHead
12-23-2007, 07:45 PM
Hi Terry,

To remove machine configurations you will have to open Windows Explorer, browse to "\Program files\NCPlot\Config" and delete the .NCP files that you don't want. There will also be a folder with a matching name, you can delete these as well. Come to think of it, I don't know why I didn't provide a means to delete a configuration. I will have to add this.

To change the default font, make sure nothing is selected then go to the "Edit" menu and click "Font". Use the dialog that appears to select the desired font and size. This setting should remain active as your default font.

Thanks,
Scott

barbter
12-24-2007, 07:20 AM
Hi Scott,
Thanks for the swift replies.
I have taken a copy of nc plot to work, to set it up and show a colleague.
I copied the ncp files from home (which i had configured to suit our way of working), and loaded in ok.

Yet another question: I had changed the address colours at home to match the editor that we use (to keep familiarization etc).
Which file do I need to copy from home to make the work install the same?

Many thanks
Terry

MetLHead
12-24-2007, 10:09 AM
Hi Terry,

The address colors, along with the preferences and some other settings, are stored in the registry. This means that they are not in a file. If you know your way around the registry, you can export these settings:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\NCPlot\Preferences

Otherwise, I'm afraid you will have to do it the hard way.

Thanks,
Scott