PDA

View Full Version : 3 phase plasma machine & RPC

millman52
12-16-2007, 07:38 AM
I have the rare opportunity to purchase a really nice Thermal Dynamics 3 phase plasma machine.

TD indicated they can be powered from a RPC. Anyone have any ideas here.

I have built many RPCs from simple pony motor start non balanced to self starting balanced.

Just don't have any experience to fall back on as far as sizing for something like this.

Al_The_Man
12-16-2007, 09:44 AM
You would need to find out the Kva rating of the unit and whether it can be configured down to 220 3phase, many of them can.
If it is a 100amp (DC) model, you will need a fairly big motor.
Al.

millman52
12-16-2007, 11:47 AM
Pretty sure it will wire for 220 3 Ph. I am running (3) 3 Ph. welders on rotarys but I dought the older welding machines I have are as tempremental as the plasma will be.

Someone from TD told me to check with an RPC manufacturer for recomendations. I'll have to swing by & get all the info off the spec plate on the plasma machine.

It's a nice machine still looks new. It has a really long machine torch lead with it as well as a gallon bucket of extra consumables.

It was removed from a 6' X 20' machine. When the company bought a complete new burning center. They told me the rig had been replaced. It wasn't nearly as old as the table was. It has submerged capability too.

Neil