PDA

View Full Version : Velocity 3 SP2, anyone tried it?

moldcore
12-15-2007, 04:57 PM
Just wondering, I haven’t had a chance to install it yet but was wondering what was in it.

CNCRim
12-15-2007, 09:52 PM
I don't see much of difference between Verlocity 2 and 3.

Cam Nerd
12-20-2007, 09:38 AM
I loaded it, it's mainly fixes from what I see. I think it also has the Solidworks 2008 file support.. On a side note my video performance is now fixed, I had some minor issues on one of my PCs that it now has been cured in SP2

sinderal
12-28-2007, 05:53 AM
Other Enhancements and Fixes:

Faster Geometry Selection
This enhancement is particularly noticeable when using the MultSelOn mode for selection of a large number of
elements (for example: point cloud data, large complex surface parts, etc.)

Faster Processing
Planar and Z-Finish toolpath operations now process faster when using containment boundaries.

Faster Loading
As of version 3.0 SP0, certain .SCPRT files loaded noticeably slower than the previous version. This loading issue
has been fixed.

Grid Points Display
The improved display of the grid points allows better visualization of the current CView. The grid points are now
transparent and their visibility can be adjusted (Tools > Options > Display > Shading > Ambient Light).

Improved CAD Interoperability
Support of the most recent releases from Autodesk®, Catia®, Pro/Engineer®, and UG® (NX) has been refined to
ensure accurate data exchange.

Also support Vista O/S

Charlie Gary
01-02-2008, 10:48 PM
My favorite feature so far is the ability to save basic programs to a library. When I write something for a particular machine using a particular cutter in a particular material, I can save it with a name telling me what it's for. When I improve it with use, I re-save it with the most current settings, and the next time I want it I don't have to try to remember what job I did that I want to duplicate.

tnik
01-03-2008, 07:27 AM
I'll second charlie's notion.. its a great feature ;)