PDA

View Full Version : Philips 432 Mathematical Functions

solid sender
12-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Can anyone confirm the use of the following indicators found on the 'mathematical funtions' page of the Philips 432 controller, used on a Maho MH series CNC milling machine.

'
''
>
<
e
rad
and an 'upward pointing arrow'

In addition does anyone know an easy way of understanding how to use

K1=

in relation to connecting circles or arcs when used with G64 geometrics.

Thanks.

khaledyehia
01-14-2008, 12:07 PM
Dear sir,
i want machine constants for maho 800, iam waiting ur help
thank you

solid sender
01-18-2008, 03:58 PM

Maho MH 800 E2
Please note the machine I copied these from had the automatic tool changer removed and disabled. I have checked our other machines and they all seem to be slightly different to each other, ie different constant numbers and different values, I think this is due to their old age and the maintenance engineers attempts to keep them going. Don't treat these as hard and fast constants, you may need adjust as you go. One thing I do suggest you alter is the rapid speed, our machines have been set to their upper limit, if your machines have not been run for a while it would be better to ease them in first.
Best of luck
Ray

solid sender
01-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Now that's dealt with, has anyone got an answer to my original question?

amosher
03-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Solid Sender,
Ever find the math help you needed?
I think ' & " are minutes & seconds, not positive, I'm home today I'll check manual tomorrow. < > are less than and greater than. Use for conditional logic (G29 cond. jumps). e, if it's actually capital E, is for your parameter numbers, same as the other pages in the editor, so you don't have to keep paging back and forth to write an equation. rad is radians? again I'll confirm.
The upward arrow is for doing powers of a number (most commonly squaring a number).

The G64 geometrics, I haven't played with yet.

Alan

solid sender
03-06-2009, 04:48 AM
Hi Alan.

No, not until now. I have been trying things out when I have time, I agree with the minutes, seconds, greater than and less than. I have yet to try radians but it seems the most likely. The 'e' is definitely lower case. Do you have an example of how to write an equation using the 'upward arrow'?

Geometrics are wonderous when they work and very frustrating when they don't, it all depends on which processor version your m/c has installed. We have 5 Mahos at work with 3 different variations for programming geometrics, some easy, some infuriating but don't let that put you off, overall geometrics are worth the effort.

Many thanks for your help.
Ray.

amosher
03-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Ray,
I check my manual and found a summary list. My control's math page has both capital and lower case. Capital is the parameter, but you knew that already. The lowercase is for exponent (scientific notation). 1.000e-3 = .001 If you view your parameters once your program starts calculating, you'll see them in scientific notation. Don't know if I'll ever have a use for it, but it might come in handy some day. Rad is radians, I haven't needed to do any calculations using it yet, either. I use the squaring function quite a bit though, for trig. i.e. the hypotenuse of a triangle E3 = sqrt(E1^2+E2^2).
We don't have Mastercam, so we have to get by with Moshercam. You can also use it for other powers of a number E1^3, haven't needed it yet, but.
And for reciprocals E5^-1, I'm sure there's a need somewhere.

Alan

solid sender
03-18-2009, 04:39 PM
Hi Alan.
Many thanks for taking the time to look up the information for me. It all makes sense once you've explained it, very similar to some calculators I've owned and never fully understood!
We are not connected to the company CADCAM system either so we tend to get by on G64 geometrics in conjunction with G14 repeats and variable E parameters for anything more complex than basic 2D machining. We have used trig but only for our own benefit in understanding its use. We tend to take a 'best guess' with K1=, if it doesn't work we take another 'best guess', eventually we get it right.
If you ever need any clarification when you try out G64 e-mail me direct and I'll try my best to help out.
Thanks again.
Ray.

lemofficina
04-16-2009, 04:47 AM
i need constant machine philips 432/600 for mahomat
you can helm meplease