PDA

View Full Version : plastic blocks for mould making

davidsutton
12-06-2007, 03:47 AM
I need to make a 2 part mould in which to pour molten wax into for casting.
I need blocks of plastic around 150mm x 200mm x 60mm, does anyone know of a UK supplier? or even the name of a product?
The plastic I need to use just needs to be able to be cut cleanly in my cnc machine with a ball nose cutter and be suitable for holding molten wax.
So far I have made test moulds using wood (oak) but I need something that will release the solidified wax more cleanly.

Eurisko
12-06-2007, 06:41 PM
Hi David,

I think that Delrin would be a good choice for what you have in mind.

It machines very nicely, and should easily handle molten wax.

Check out Ebay for some great deals on surplus Delrin blocks and rods.

You can probably find it locally from a metals and plastics supplier, but the cost will be prohibitive.

Another option would be a two-part polyurethane casting resin. This can be found at local hobby shops, and of course, Ebay.

ElaineMiao50
05-14-2014, 04:12 AM
Hello,

Greeting to you!

MS-Mold is awarded the certificate of ISO9001 & TS16949 quality system plastics mold manufacturer.
With strength of making injection mold for auto parts, household appliance(air condition cover, washer cover, TV cover) , medical parts …for more than 12 years.
There are good and a long-term business relationship between us and customers in USA, Germany, Italy, Australia, Japan, UK.
And we are very familiar with ANSI.BS, DIN,NF&JIS tool standards.

If any question, please keep me on posted!

Best Regards,
Elaine.Miao
MS-Mold (DG) Co., Ltd
Phone: +86-15118225186
Address:xing long industry Chen Wu Changan town DongGuan,Guandong province China