PDA

View Full Version : ? about bidirectional bob

randyb47
11-29-2007, 01:09 PM
If i install one of these boards, how do i control it since there is not another plug in on my control board. Would I use external controls ? like button switches, knobs, ect? I know this may sound petty but im trying to learn.
thanks

randyb47
12-02-2007, 10:46 PM
Well it dont look like I will learn anything at this site!

Thanks anyway

ger21
12-03-2007, 09:09 AM
You didn't specify exactly what board your talking about. Usually a second breakout board installs on a second parallel port and provides additional inputs for switches. You don't actually control the board, it just passes signals to the software. What controller board are you using?

randyb47
12-06-2007, 08:16 PM
Sorry, I mis understood. I did not know there were more than one. I saw one that I thought you referenced while I was reading these post, I just found it again. C10 bidirectional BOB. I do not currently have anything except the controller that came with my Taig mill. I just finished getting the home and limit switches on & working. What I am wondering is does this board go inside my PC or inside my control box? What is a Geckodrive, do I need one? and what is MPG ??. What I would like to do or end up with is a box with different arrows & buttons to work the various aspects of Mach 2 without using my PC key board. If that is possible. One problem I am encountering right now is the soft limits, no matter what value I put in (max) the axis will only move 2" then stop and trigger "soft limits" warning. any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You