PDA

View Full Version : Cross slide work pc on rotary table

replicapro
06-18-2004, 11:42 PM
I have a project where I basically need to make a figure 8 engraving. Not having a CNC set up I was trying to figure out the mechanics of repositioning the vise on the rotary table after cutting the first circle so the next circle in the figure 8 is correct.

Im thinking I need a cross slide vise on the rotary table, so I started searching the web when I realized I have what I need already in my shop.
A few years back I picked up a Palmgren milling vise for my lathe. It is basically a single axis "Z" slide mounted vertically.

So I took the tool rest mount off and im in the process of lathing a mt2 taper with a threaded end to mount the palmgren vise horizontaly on the rotary table. Just though Id share my brain storm incase anyone needs it.

http://www.palmgren.com/palmgren/images/p-mt-lathemillingattachment.gif

CrazyRonny
06-19-2004, 01:03 AM
I would like to have one of these for a Zaxis to mill on my lathe. Do you know the aproximate price of it and where can I buy one.

Thank's

Ronny

replicapro
06-19-2004, 01:06 AM
Well if you click on that link it takes you to palmgrens website. They have dealers all over the place. However www.lathemaster.com has a small one for mini lathes.
I paid $50 for mine. From what I have seen they are $200 brand new. They show up on ebay all the time though.

CrazyRonny
06-19-2004, 10:14 AM
Thank' for the info and I will check on ebay to see if I could find one and have a deal like you.

thank's

Ronny

BT1
07-08-2004, 06:30 AM
I had a squiz at these milling attachments for lathes and was a little bedazzled, too much time spent i guess on single machines.