PDA

View Full Version : surfcam download tutorials

DONNYBRASS
11-25-2007, 12:49 PM
I am knew to surfcam and I am trying to find some tutorials on step by step to do some drawings and programing if anyone knows were I can download some samples I would really appreciate it thanks

Judge Leo
11-26-2007, 11:12 AM
Have you tried the help files that are installed with the application?

DONNYBRASS
11-26-2007, 11:11 PM
Have you tried the help files that are installed with the application?

I did try the help files I am just woundering if there are anymore files besides those files

Judge Leo
11-27-2007, 09:57 AM
There are additional resources on the Surfcam website as well, you will need a log in from your VAR.

If you have gone through the multimedia tutorials in the help section all the functionality of the application is in there. The included Solidworks application works much better for creating your geometry than the Surfcam application and since they maintain associativity you should be able to work back and forth between them to do what you need.

If you are new to machining and want to jump directly to programming for CNC equipment then I think you have the cart way out in front of the horse. :)

DONNYBRASS
11-28-2007, 10:53 PM
There are additional resources on the Surfcam website as well, you will need a log in from your VAR.

If you have gone through the multimedia tutorials in the help section all the functionality of the application is in there. The included Solidworks application works much better for creating your geometry than the Surfcam application and since they maintain associativity you should be able to work back and forth between them to do what you need.

If you are new to machining and want to jump directly to programming for CNC equipment then I think you have the cart way out in front of the horse. :)

I am kind of knew to cnc machining and programing so yes I would like to get as many tutorial as i can . thanks for the reply. really appreciated.

CNCRim
11-28-2007, 11:22 PM
you can search Surfcam tuitorial on the web....... one time I used google website and I find a Surfcam tuitorial in pdf file. I saved it some where I can't remeber where, so you have to do you homework. however, It's a very good book and has a lot of examples and step by step teach you contruction view, create all kind of surface. Huuuuuuuu the good thing is it's free.

Good luck find it.

rbest27
11-30-2007, 09:07 PM
There's a book out there called Surfcam 2000 I believe. It will basically teach everything you need to know. It starts with the basics and goes as deep as you want. I think I picked one up for about $68. Well I didn't shell it out but the company I work for did.