PDA

View Full Version : dmg 70 lineer

roadrunner3
11-18-2007, 10:59 PM
Hi all,
We have just got the dmg 70evo lineer running heidenhain itnc 530 (smart nc with dxf file translation) and the blum laser tool setter and i must say its the dogs bollocks lovely bit of kit, but i would like to know if any abody is using the smart nc and dxf software and what they think of it as this bit is new to me.
look forward to your replies.

paulhayle
03-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Hi Steve, Im the man in control of a DMC 75V Linear machine. As you say, lovely bit of kit with all the trimmings as you have, but for the year we have had it, we have had nothing but problems with it. Trying to get DMG here in the States to come out and fix it or even trying to get hold of them on there 24hour phone line is a mission its self. I just wished i was using this in Europe where the support is there instead of DMG Americans who are happy to sell you the machine, but the service is crap. Good luck Steve. Regards Paul Hayle.

thebodger@roger
03-05-2008, 10:53 PM
We have a 85 linear machine here in Canada. It has cost us a mint in repairs. We had it since it was brand new. As the resident in shop service engineer , I've had to redesign so many short comings on this machine I've lost count of all the things I had to do to just get it to run semi-reliably. I wish we never bought it, but on the bright side, it's job security for me. In 3 years that we had it , I would guess about $60,000 in repairs, not counting my wages and lost production.

roadrunner3
03-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Hi paul,
just reading your note, what type of problems are you having? as we have 2 evo 50's and a brand new evo 70 lineer.So we have had our fair share of problems to.With the 50 lineer we had the very first one in the country so i think they used us as a test bed ha! . the main problem we had was the tool changer kept getting stuck every now and then.It turned out to be the wrong parameters had been set in the software, works fine now.And the other problem is having to keep getting the tables to be calibrated every now and then i.e when you spun the tables up at an angle they they didnt go where they should error of .05 -.08 of a mm.Mind you our m/c's are run 24 hours a day.
So when we got our new 70 evo leneer we had learnt our lesson and we ordered it with the new quick set feature which is a bit of software that automatically recalibrates for any errors, again first one in the country to have it. just saves us having to call in a DMG tech guy to do it, operator now does it.