PDA

View Full Version : help getting started

shootingarts
11-15-2007, 11:14 PM
I purchased a complete package, used CNC router, laptop, and software, several years ago. Health and hurricane have kept me from using it and I have literally forgotten everything I was shown about running it. I am near New Orleans and would happily drive four or five hours in any direction for assistance. Anyone willing to talk me through getting started that is anywhere in the lower forty-eight would be appreciated too.

Thanks for any Assistance,
Hu

SCRAPWOTSCRAP
11-16-2007, 03:39 PM
What type of router and what software??? It would help to narrow your search for help, many at this forum are willing, for sure.

shootingarts
11-16-2007, 06:48 PM
What type of router and what software??? It would help to narrow your search for help, many at this forum are willing, for sure.

It is a K2NC machine39x25. I think the old owner was using ZeusCNC but since I don't know anything about either one, I think I'll use MachIII which seems much more common.

Thanks for your reply.

Hu

shootingarts
11-18-2007, 10:30 AM
I toted everything up to norvil1 and he got me up and running. The fine tuning I need to do will take a little more time but he got me over the real hurdle that had me stopped in my tracks.

Many Thanks,
Hu