PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Fred Signs in !

wwdusty
11-07-2007, 05:38 PM
OK Guys! (and Gals)

I have finally gathered, borrowed , stolen or bought enough parts to start building my own version of Joes 2006 !!

:withstupi

I am a tired (not retired!) factory worker who burned out after 38 years in a factory making industrial electric motors.

Control assembly, machine shop, QC , motor assembly, test, you name it, i did it.

I finally burned out and said 'take this job and shove it ' !

Now i am just pokin around tryin to find something to do !

I stumbled on this forum and it has given me a mission !

I want to build a Joes 2006 ! My aim is to make Signs and such to sell to unsuspecting customers. !

or just have fun building something useful !

I have budjeted a max of $750US for this project.

So far i have 3 stepper motors from HobbyCnc 305 oz-in 4.2v 3a

Power Supply 300w computer surplus 12v, 5v, 3v

48 v power supply from ebay

driver board from ebay (Univelop) oops!?

I am cutting the MDF myself, the cutting dimensions are giveing me a fit. !

I got some skate bearings off ebay and some 3/4 thick plastic cutting boards from ebay.

Along with a lot of bolts, nuts and such from stores on the net !

I welcome any help i can get , CAUSE I don't have a clue as to what i am doing !

But , it sure is fun ! :D

GaFred

joecnc2006
11-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Welcome fred, what ever help you need we have alot of talented people here, who can advise or just give plain support to you. look forward to seeing your build.

Joe

DeWalt58
11-07-2007, 07:40 PM
Welcome to the group Fred!! Of couse, you do understand that this hobby is very addictive, and one machine leads to another, then another...etc... But if you must join us, be warned!!..LOL Sounds like you got a few parts for your new machine and wishing you the best of luck, just keep reading here, learn all you can from us cnc junkies!! I think most of the fun is in building the machine, must be so, cause it seems to take me forever to do it!! But then I still work the day job and sometimes weekends, hopefully not to much longer!! I find enjoyment in making all the parts myself, at least those that I can make. Anyway, enjoy yourself and keep us all posted as to your progress!

Cheers
dewalt58

Jarwalcot
11-07-2007, 08:42 PM
Hey Mr. Fred... Welcome,

If you're near Lawrenceville, lets get together... I may have a resource or two for you that you might find useful.

Regards,

wwdusty
11-26-2007, 01:31 PM
hi folks !

I got me a blog to log my build of Joes Router ! If yer a Newbie like me check it out ! And maybe you Old Hands can give me some pointers as i muddle my way thru this !

Check it out at:
http://gafred.wordpress.com/
But,, it's gonna be Fun ! :D :D
GaFred