PDA

View Full Version : Can these stepper be used?

pksdms
10-16-2007, 11:08 AM
Hi All,
I have 3 old xerox Sanyo Denki motors I think two are 140 or 170 and other is 180 OzIn.
I would be doing microstepping most of times, no full throttle. What do you say can these be used with Joe's model? Or I have to reduce size of Joe's say 4'x4' or 3'X1.5'?
Other question I can't get 1/2" screw for such length of X Axis, I wonder if 3/4" or 1" with 8TPI can be used with these steppers?
Plz help

Thanks

P.K.

joecnc2006
10-16-2007, 12:23 PM
Hi All,
I have 3 old xerox Sanyo Denki motors I think two are 140 or 170 and other is 180 OzIn.
I would be doing microstepping most of times, no full throttle. What do you say can these be used with Joe's model? Or I have to reduce size of Joe's say 4'x4' or 3'X1.5'?
Other question I can't get 1/2" screw for such length of X Axis, I wonder if 3/4" or 1" with 8TPI can be used with these steppers?
Plz help

Thanks

P.K.

I would not recomend anything less than 200oz/in motors, (thats what i used for a year) and if you step up to 3/4 to 1" leadscrews (way overkill) you will need even more powerful motors to turn the larger mass.

Joe

pksdms
10-16-2007, 09:14 PM
I would not recomend anything less than 200oz/in motors, (thats what i used for a year) and if you step up to 3/4 to 1" leadscrews (way overkill) you will need even more powerful motors to turn the larger mass.

Thanks Joe,
Why should motors of same strength be used with each Axis, although cutting strenght required with each Axis is same but length travelled is different in each Axis. Should not be X Axis Stepper more powerful?

P.K.