PDA

View Full Version : OSP 3000l Question

barryr
10-12-2007, 08:42 PM
Just acquired an LC10 with an OSP 3000l. My question is, other than MDI can I access the core memory, and key in a program, save and store it? I have a manual but am having a hard time finding information about just keying in a program without using a BTR or the tape reader. Short programs, long run production parts. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Barry

Jarwalcot
10-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Do you have a CRT or just the OP Panel?

barryr
10-12-2007, 09:06 PM
no crt,

Jarwalcot
10-13-2007, 12:23 AM
Mr. Barry,

Without knowing your application, I would recommend looking into a BTR unit. I understand that you have a production run at this time, however, we both know that change is right around the corner.

Without the CRT you lack the additional memory to store the program... Your choices are: 1. find a local company with a tape-puncher to loop your program 2. Purchase an Interface (Look-Up Dan Fritz) 3. Repost your needs with more detail... there was an interface offered several years back (DOS-based by an out sanding Tech. from the Ellison group on the west coast... Someone out there may know about it.

Good luck,

barryr
10-13-2007, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the advise and info.

RODMAN
10-14-2007, 07:38 PM
Barryr,
You can go to edit and type in a program with the keyboard. Start with a %CR. use a CR at the end of each block. Use an ER after the M2 at the end.
I suggest you write the program out first and CONCENTRATE when you are inputing it. With no CRT you are at a disadvantage, but I still do it. you can check the program by using " Machine Lock" and running it in block.
Doesn't your machine have a tape reader?

Good Luck,

Rodman