PDA

View Full Version : Best swiss tooling??

PoiToi
10-12-2007, 07:21 PM
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for swiss tooling. Right now we run almost all ETCO tooling in our citizens,(unless i have to make a special tool) and it works out pretty good, but i'm always on the lookout for something better :)
We run almost all 303 stainless, aluminum or brass. Right now it seems to be having trouble turning 6061 aluminum, and its really frustrating.. I have to make 25,000 of these things!

Jarwalcot
10-12-2007, 08:41 PM
If you don't mind, could you give us a little more detail... Part features that you are having trouble with would be a great help.

cogsman1
10-15-2007, 08:09 AM
Try
Utilities (www.genswiss.com)
NTK
Applitek
Wizcut........

Iscar
Mitsubishi
Sandvik

PoiToi
10-15-2007, 01:46 PM
I actually got the issues worked out. =)
I was mostly just wondering what everyone used and what people were happy with. Like I said, i'm not too impressed with the ETCO tools we are using now.

PoiToi
12-20-2007, 05:21 PM
bump.
anyone else??
I got ahold of a mitsubishi catalog and they have really nice tooling... for diameters under 5mm...:mad: the other tooling seems to be OK, but i'd really like a system with a universal holder and different inserts that go into it...

any other suggestions?

JMS4287
12-27-2007, 09:45 AM
Check Out Sandvik's QS system...

http://www.coromant.sandvik.com/

SWISS-TECH
01-18-2008, 02:50 PM
I RUN ALMOST ALL ISCAR TOOLS AND HAVE REAL GOOD LUCK WITH THEM.
IF YOU ARE NEEDING SOME SMALL TOOLS CHECK OUT HARVEY TOOL.

K&Y
01-24-2008, 04:20 PM
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for swiss tooling. Right now we run almost all ETCO tooling in our citizens,(unless i have to make a special tool) and it works out pretty good, but i'm always on the lookout for something better :)
We run almost all 303 stainless, aluminum or brass. Right now it seems to be having trouble turning 6061 aluminum, and its really frustrating.. I have to make 25,000 of these things!

If you are looking for PCD/CBN turning tools, please feel free to contact us, and we'll help you out. Our pricing is very competitive and you may be surprised at just how much you're able to save.

SwissType1
01-30-2008, 11:18 AM
i'd really like a system with a universal holder and different inserts that go into it...

any other suggestions?

UTILIS offers that sort of thing. Their 3000 series inserts can go up to 32 diameter and the 3000 series holder is unversal for each different turning operation. Like cogsman already said, Check out www.genswiss.com. They probably can help you with whatever you need if you give them a call.