PDA

View Full Version : CNC and metal casting in Dayton and suroundings

Spydwar1
10-06-2007, 04:48 AM
Greetings all

I am looking for people interested in getting together, for exchange on info and experiances in either CNC and or metal casting in the Dayton and surounding cities area. I live in the New carlisle area and would like to meet people who are intested in the same hobbies as myself. My wife thinks I,m nuts but after shes seen a few of the thing I have been able to create she is coming around.
I started these hobbies about 2 years ago and have managed to get together an almost complete foundry and several different machines that I have built myself. One of my favorite has to be my 3 axis CNC built from Jgro's plans, and quite honestly I'm amazed at how dead on acurate the machine is ( Thank you very much Jgro!) even built by an ameture like myself.
So if anyone is interested let me know and we can try to arange a get together (I like C C's pizza myself as a possable get together spot)
Maybe if a few people are interested we could start a group in the area.

jonbell78
10-06-2007, 08:34 AM
I am in Cincinnati and am very interested in getting together. I am in the Hawks Radio control plane club and a few of our members have CNC machines (4 axis foam wire cutting and 3 axis mills). I am in the process of building my machine a 3 axis mill, or a 5 axis dual purpose machine. Let me know if you get many responses. my email is junkernot at gmail dot com (bad robots).

Jonathan Bell

Spydwar1
10-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Hello jonbell78

WOW!
That was a fast responce I just posted last night.
I have a parade my son is in today.

I also did some hot wire foam cuttin for patterns for lost foam casting.
Would be happy to get together soon and discuss about RC And share info.
I love the idea of radio control it kinda falls right in line with computer control.
Keep an eye out lets see what kind of a responce we get off of this thread...

My wife reminded me that we have unlimited long distance feel free to IM