PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help with files

bradyfb
09-28-2007, 05:42 PM
I'm useing Deskcnc, and I have autocad R14 on my PC. Also Iam still learning. What I want to do is to make my own rosettes for my windows I just installed, and I would like to buy a 3D file of something on the line of a leaf and some berrys. Ihave tried pictures on my machine, dont like it that way, This is hard to explain, I went to heartwoodcarving.com and this is what i want. anyhow where can a person but this type of file and what type of file is this and will it be compatible with R14 or deskcnc? Thanks Brady

ger21
09-28-2007, 07:36 PM
http://www.vectorart3d.com/store/index.cfm/Rosettes/

I think DeskCNC can read an .stl file. I don't think ACAD 14 can, but there's not much you can do with it in AutoCAD anyway.

bradyfb
09-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Whats my option now, Is'nt there someplace that sells this kind of work/files already made up ready to insert in deskcnc and run. and yes deskcnc can take stl files, your talking getting another program that can produce this. what program would it be??? Thanks Brady

ger21
09-28-2007, 08:16 PM
Can't DeskCNC create the g-code from the .stl? You buy the .stl file, convert to g-code and run.

Joe S.
02-27-2008, 12:49 AM
I'm useing Deskcnc, and I have autocad R14 on my PC. Also Iam still learning. What I want to do is to make my own rosettes for my windows I just installed, and I would like to buy a 3D file of something on the line of a leaf and some berrys. Ihave tried pictures on my machine, dont like it that way, This is hard to explain, I went to heartwoodcarving.com and this is what i want. anyhow where can a person but this type of file and what type of file is this and will it be compatible with R14 or deskcnc? Thanks Brady

Hi Brady, as I remember carken's DeskArt program makes either DXF or gcode from pictures . . .

bradyfb
03-01-2008, 08:08 AM
Joe S.; With out spending any money go to the vectorart3d the above site that ger21 mentions, they have a 3d stl file you can down load free. I did this in the recessed leaf turn out good, but still not useing for around my windows. I really haven't decided what to do about the corners of the windows...(What design to go with from vectorart3d).

Joe S.
03-03-2008, 12:37 AM
Cool, I like it, thanks!
JS