PDA

View Full Version : How do I do??

Andre' B
09-25-2007, 05:02 PM
I have been evaluating NCPlot for the last few days and got the OK to order two seats today.

One application I am looking at is an Excel worksheet that gets some numbers from the user and produces some paperwork for a job order. It also produces a gcode file for the wire EDM and puts it in a networked directory for the guys on the shop floor. It then strips out the power setting stuff that causes NCPlot to error and adds some lines of code to draw the blank outline and puts the code on the clipboard.

At which point the user can paste it into NCPlot hit XY plane, refresh, and auto zoom etc. and get a visual of what the part will be. This saves me from having to do a lot of error checking to see if the numbers entered will produce a valid part, which still would not be as good as having a picture on the screen.

I would like to eliminate having the user manually do the paste, refresh and other stuff. I have not looked into the scripting stuff in NCPlot yet but am hoping it can handle everything needed there.

The question is how to trigger the NCPlot script from VBA in the Excel worksheet?

Using NCPlot is giving me lots of ideas like I think it would be a great user interface for some CNC control software like EMC.

MetLHead
09-26-2007, 01:36 PM
Hi Andre,

It sounds like you've got a pretty slick process set up. I'm afraid I don't know how to trigger a script from Excel, maybe somebody else here can shed some light on that. I can offer one tip though, If you turn on "Auto Refresh Viewport" it will automatically refresh the graphics when the code is pasted into NCPlot. This setting is on the "Draw" menu.

Thanks,
Scott