PDA

View Full Version : CNCJay did NOT fall off the face of the earth

PhillyCyberJoe
09-25-2007, 10:25 AM
Hey Guys,
I know this might not be the right place to post this, but since everyone looks here for new stuff, I thought you might enjoy this message.

No, Jay did not fall of the face of the earth but if he's not careful he just might fall out of a tree. If you look closely at the attached photo, that is in fact CNCJay up in the tree. He's apparently installing a short wave antenna so he can enjoy one of his other hobbies. My guess is that he probably has some kind of hair brained idea about running his machine remotely while utilizing short wave transmissions. I'm sure there will be a video ;-)

He said to say hello to everyone and that he's been doing quite well. He hasn't had a whole lot of spare time because of moving 250 miles north and driving every weekend back and forth. He assures me that when things get a little less hectic, he'll be dropping by the forum.

For those who don't know Jay, you should go check out some of his famous CNC videos. This man is a piece of work!

The "other" Joe

CNC-Joe
09-25-2007, 04:26 PM
Hey Group,

Nah - CNCJay did not fall off the face of the earth.... he's alive and well "Up North" as PhilCyberJoe said. I am in contact with him almost daily. He's soon to move his CNC machines up north and start working. He and I are even thinking of a possible business venture together..

Here's a shot of CNC-Jay in his backyard playing with BigFoot. For those of you that aren't sure, the Big Foot is the prettier one, and Jay has his shirt and pants on in this picture (thank goodness).

The "other" "other" Joe

bp092
09-25-2007, 07:28 PM
good to hear, I miss his videos he was hilarious in them

CNC-Joe
10-13-2007, 10:47 PM
Well guys - just to keep you posted... I helped Jay load up his Jeep Cherokee and his Trailer with his Gantry Router (Joe2006), power supply, stand, mini-metal lathe and stand - last weekend (6-Oct-2007)... He is moving his work shop to his new place "Up North"... and told me about mid week he had it re-assembled and tuned and tweeked it to get 180+ ipm rapids! (Jay is using some real torquey Camtronics 762 oz-in 3A steppers, and his 54V//15A//810 Watt Power supply - along with 1/2-8 - 2 start Acme's)). I don't know about you guys- but I heavily suggested to him to put in some limit switches! ;)

Next we are going to load up his huge dust collector and his J-gro... and he'll be 50% of the way to having his shop moved....

I have a feeling he'll be cutting before we know it- and a new video is probably going to come out.

Keep a look out for a new website - with lots of info and goodies for sale - as I know he's been working on it in his spare time.

CNC-Joe

bp092
10-13-2007, 11:03 PM
thanks for the update joe, looking forward to the new video

CNC-Joe
12-10-2007, 10:31 PM
Just got this picture from Jay.

Apparently these 2 young fellows didn't know how Jay felt about people that buy ShopBots.......

Like Jay used to say:
"Real Men Build Their Own".....
"Real men find a way to cut 4'x8' on their 12"x12" machine, ShopBot owners can't cut 12"x12" on their 4'x8' machine......."

(You have to go back to the Vectric website to get the full effect)

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: No ShopBot Owner was harmed in the making of this photograph.

bp092
12-11-2007, 07:17 PM
haha that just made my day!

Dougie085
12-12-2007, 05:04 AM
Hmm where is Jay's website with these videos? I don't think I've seen any of them.

joecnc2006
12-12-2007, 08:35 AM
cncjay dot com

Dougie085
12-12-2007, 08:44 AM
I guess its offline for now?

joecnc2006
12-12-2007, 09:34 AM
no it works just fine

Dougie085
12-12-2007, 01:05 PM
Strange wasn't working this morning.

TCGliderguy
12-15-2007, 07:41 PM
What's all that white stuff in the photo of Jay, with the tractor? Is he cutting a LOT of HDPE?........

-Taylor (in New Mexico....)