PDA

View Full Version : new to CNC

nlancaster
09-18-2007, 02:03 AM
I am new to CNC. I have wanted to build a CNC router for a long time as more accessible then a CNC mill. I have looked at many CNC kits and your 4-axis kit with 495oz/in servos seems like the best deal around. Are there any particular reasons to buy the smaller motor kit and save a little money?

automizer
09-18-2007, 02:13 AM
You always want to built/get a machine one step larger then what you are planning on using it for. So the all mighty question is what do you want to do?

automationtechinc
09-18-2007, 09:24 AM
Pls check the our package here
http://www.kelinginc.net/CNCPackage.html.
This package is used for industrail. It is better than the hobby one
If you have any question, pls email to us at support@kelinginc.net

nlancaster
09-18-2007, 05:37 PM
You always want to built/get a machine one step larger then what you are planning on using it for. So the all mighty question is what do you want to do?

My main hope for the machine is cutting light sheet metal. 1/16th inch or thinner steel and possibly some thicker aluminum. Also would be cutting plexiglass and lexan for computer case mods. possibly some 3d/4-axis model making of sci-fi spaceships. possibly some sign making to help pay for the whole thing.

nlancaster
09-26-2007, 05:31 PM
So I am trying to decide between the 425oz/in and the 495oz/in steppers. I can find no information about the torque curve and max RPM for these motors. Anyone have any idea what it is for these motors from keling?

Thanks

nlancaster
10-21-2007, 05:04 AM
Is it possible to get the torque curve information for the 495 and 425 oz\in nema 23 steppers, please?

thanks