PDA

View Full Version : Plasma table kits

cagedxj
08-29-2007, 09:38 PM
I am new at the plasma table game but I have been using Waterjets for years. I am looking for a reasonably priced kit(motors,guides,software,ect). Or maybe someones used 4X4 table. I am open to ALL input and I am looking to spend ~4k. My primary use will be performance brackets/tabs for the automotive industry and some metal art projects. Material will be .375 steel or thinner. I already have a Lincoln Procut 55 with a hand torch.

Thanks

massajamesb
08-29-2007, 10:10 PM
www.candcnc.com, talk to Tom. He can get you up and running with everything you need.

carbidecraters
08-29-2007, 10:40 PM
Wow I dont think you'll come close for 4 grand....maybe 8 grand. Before you want to make link brackets, trusses, shock brackets and cage brackets in house look into getting them lasered. I know alot of guys who bought CNC plasma tables thinking they can make 4 dollar brackets and 100 dollar trusses for the 4wd market and make a mint....most are doing artwork for gardens on their cncs now.

Lasers can really pump that stuff out quick and a plasma cant make a decent 1/2" hole in a 1/4" thick steel part. You need to pierce it and then drill adding expense to parts like beadlock rings...ect. You just may get by cheaper using a laser than buying a plasma table. You just cant buy a table and a plasma and expect to make parts all day. You need to vent that poisonous plasma dust as well. Sorry I didnt mean to burst your bubble but I was calling it as I have seen it.

cagedxj
09-01-2007, 11:14 AM
No problem! Like i said I want to hear it all. I am not planning on using it for production of large quantities of parts like you suggested. Id like to have it to make and test prototypes therefor I need to keep the cost down. You are correct on the lasers speed and accuracy. I have one at the shop I work at during the week and they would be doing any production runs that I may have.

Ill check out the above link.

Thanks