PDA

View Full Version : What Cam Software To Use With Mach3+tp-100 Probe

chris8504
08-23-2007, 11:06 AM
Does Anyone No What Cam Program To Use With The Tp-100 Touch Probe So That I Can Change My Text File Of The Coordinates That Have Been Saved From The Probe Into A Viewable 3d Model Which Can Then Be Put Into Mach 3 For G Code Generation.i Heard Rhino Might Do This But I Was Looking For A Lot Cheaper Program As I Will Not Use The Probe That Much Anyway.i No It Works With Deskcnc But I Would Prefer To Use Mach3 As My Controller.
Thanks.

ger21
08-23-2007, 11:24 AM
Into A Viewable 3d Model Which Can Then Be Put Into Mach 3 For G Code Generation.

Mach3 can NOT generate g-code from a 3D model. You'll need another CAM program for that. Look at MeshCAM or Cut 3D.

turmite
08-23-2007, 11:42 AM
Gerry actually the probe txt file that Mach creates can be used for a gcode, if the tip of the probe and the diam of the cutter are the same....and you do a bit of editing on the txt file to set up the parameters. With that said, and if I read his post right, he is actually asking what progam to use to be able to make use of the point cloud and this of course will fall under cad instead of cam. Then again, I was wrong once before!:eek: :D

Mike